Cut your cost, by advance planning
KampoUK knows that International Symposiums can be pricey; travel, meals & attendance fees add up. Here’s the insider tips for learning, networking and being “in the know” at ISJKM’s 2023 Symposium in Oxford.
- Tip 1: Attend the practitioner- focused day: the 2nd day, Saturday 23rd September 2023
- Tip 2: Attend the Saturday dinner – the venue Cherwell Boat House – offers an open space with unassigned seating. Attendees are encourage to mingle, share ideas and enjoy the shared cultural aspects of clinical work. This is a working boathouse and boats can be rented for punting!
- Tip 3: Stay Saturday in Christ Church accommodation: single rooms + breakfast are good value for Oxford.
- Tip 4: For the adventurous seeking reduced overnight fees: there are youth hostels close to Christ Church College. These are the closest youth hostels and back-packers hostels:
Back packer hostels : centralbackpackers.co.uk
Youth hostels : Yha Oxford oxford.cylex-uk.co.uk
- Tip 5: Travel to Oxford as a student would: via bus from Oxford City Centre to London. The tickets are flexible and not tied to specific times. The Oxford Tube is fitted with free 4G Wi-Fi, at seat wireless and USB charging with individual tables for a convenient and comfortable journey. 10 minute frequency during morning peaks from Oxford. Average 20 minute frequency Monday to Friday and 12-15 minutes at weekends. or beyond.https://www.oxfordtube.com/?accept=perm
- Tip 6: Purchase tickets early on, the Symposium discounted tickets may disappear in April. (ISJKM tickets sold on a first-come first-purchase basis) Take note that the hostels and alternative accommodation in Oxford is highly competitive, plan your journey and book as soon as you decide. (or sooner)